Sunday, April 10, 2016

A Little Saturday Night Culture


My First Visit to Art Shows in Chinatown 


Last night I went to Coagula Curatorial to see the work of Abel Alejandre. Abel Alejandre was at the event talking about his artwork and the inspiration behind it. This particular exhibit contained artwork inspired by conspiracies and secrets, those of the world, his friends, and even some of his own. I was particularly fond of his work involving snapback hats, as a more functional form of art. I was surprised that there were not many roosters in the artwork as they were such an integral part of the work displayed on his website.






I popped in some of the other art shows. One of the shows had a live band playing right outside with a lot of artwork inspired by British culture. 




















In another showroom there was artist in the middle of working on some pieces. 



Another showroom outside the alley had artwork that I was really fond of. At first the paintings seemed pretty simple but with a closer look you could find little hidden surprises that really added depth to the art. The artist also included some sculptures like the mushrooms featured below. 





Overall the trip to Chinatown was a really awesome experience. I have never been to an art show opening before and it was interesting to experience the art community scene. It seemed to me that a lot of the people in attendance were artists themselves and that it was a pretty tight knit community. It was also great to talk to the artists themselves as knowing the meaning and inspirations behind the artwork made seeing it that much more enjoyable.  




3 comments:

  1. I went to the Curatorial as well around 7:30 so I probably just missed you. Haha I thought the glove that was on the ground was hilarious! I can imagine everyone stepping around it unsure about what it could mean. I also found the conspiracy hats so interesting! I used to watch documentaries on several conspiracies, UFOs being one of my favorite. In fact, one of my favorite shows of all time is the X-Files!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful! 광주 알밤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great content material and great layout. Your website deserves all of the positive feedback it’s been getting. 광주 알밤

    ReplyDelete